Welcome to the web site of St. George Orthodox Church in Trumbull, Connecticut! We are a parish of the Albanian Archdiocese of the Orthodox Church in America. We invite you to explore our web site to learn more about us and about Orthodox Christianity.
Located just north of the Merritt Parkway in Trumbull, we are easily accessible from both Fairfield and New Haven Counties.
We welcome all visitors for worship and fellowship!
We extend condolences to the families of the following people who died recently:
- Frank Norton, brother-in-law of Joe Chadwick, passed away on June 22nd;
- Gloria Guimares, aunt of Joe Chadwick, passed away on July 3rd;
- David Snedegar, husband of Andrea Dionis Snedegar, died on July 9th.
Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
We offer congratulations to members of the Chadwick/Bowe Family:
- Rebecca Chadwick and Daniel Rakowitz recently announced their engagement.
- Also, Christian James was born on May 25,, 2015 to Kevin and Jessica (Chadwick) Baird and big sister Caelyn.
Rebecca and Jessica are the daughters of Joe and Laura Chadwick and the granddaughters of Jim and Vi Bowe. Many Years! Për Shumë Vjet!
Fr. Dennis returns from Mission trip
Our Fr. Dennis Rhodes recently returned home from Albania where he completed a 2-week mission trip. This mission team, coordinated by the Orthodox Christian Mission Center (OCMC), worked with Albanian youth at the annual summer youth camp program at the Children's Home of Hope in Shen Vlash. This is the 2nd consecutive year Fr. Dennis supported this mission. Many Years! Për Shumë Vjet!
Father's Day Commemorations - Sun, June 21st
On Father's Day during Divine Liturgy, prayers were offered for the living and the departed fathers, grandfathers, godfathers, step-fathers, uncles, sons, step-sons and nephews of our parish. Additionally, we wish to thank Ron Dougiello of Commerce Hill Funeral Home who provided a gift to each father in attendance.
Welcome Fr. Sergei!
The St. George parish wishes to welcome and thank Fr. Sergei Bouteneff for serving Divine Liturgy on 2 Sundays in June while Fr. Dennis was away on a mission trip to Albania. Many Years! Për Shumë Vjet!
Congratulations to our Graduates!
The following is a list of our young adults who recently graduated, or will soon be graduating, from high school or college. We extend our best wishes to them for continued success!
- Hope Caliendo: graduated from Bunnell High School.
- Kelly Coughlin: graduated from The College of New Jersey with a major in Criminology, and a minor in Spanish.
- Sarah Csernica: earned a Master of Science in Accounting from the University of Connecticut.
- Melissa Galich: graduated from Trumbull High School.
- Victoria Nichio: graduated from the University of Rhode Island with a teaching degree
- Meghan Quinn: graduated from Keene State College (New Hampshire) majoring in Dance, with a minor in Business Management.
- Julia Snedegar: received a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of Rhode Island.
- Jordan Paige Veneri: graduated from Sacred Heart Academy (Hamden).
Many Years! Për Shumë Vjet!
We have learned of the passing from this life of Meni Kyriakou, who died on Friday, June 5th. She was the sister of Angie Soter. Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
Upcoming Services & Events
|Thursday, July 30th|
|Friday, July 31st|
|Saturday, August 1st|
DORMITION FAST BEGINS
4PM Great Vespers
|Sunday, August 2nd|
NINTH SUNDAY after PENTECOST
9:15AM General Confession
9:30AM Divine Liturgy
|Monday, August 3rd|
|Tuesday, August 4th|
|Thursday, August 6th|
TRANSFIGURATION OF OUR LORD
10AM Divine Liturgy and Blessing of Fruit
|Friday, August 7th|
|Monthly Calendar >|