Welcome to the web site of St. George Orthodox Church in Trumbull, Connecticut! We are a parish of the Albanian Archdiocese of the Orthodox Church in America. We invite you to explore our web site to learn more about us and about Orthodox Christianity.
Located just north of the Merritt Parkway in Trumbull, we are easily accessible from both Fairfield and New Haven Counties.
We welcome all visitors for worship and fellowship!
We extend our condolences to Jennifer Goetz and her family on the death of Jennifer’s father, Michael Lopen, who departed this life on Thursday, May 19th. Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
We extend our thanks to the Commerce Hill Funeral Home and Ron Dougiello for donating the roses for the mothers of our parish for Mother’s Day.
Mother's Day- 2016
St. George recognized Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 8th during Divine Liturgy. Prayers were offered for all of the living and departed Mothers, Grandmothers, and Godmothers of our parish community. Many Years! Për Shumë Vjet!
We extend our thanks to the many people who helped to make Lent, Holy Week and Pascha beautiful and meaningful celebrations:
- Pauline Dionis for decorating the Holy Cross for the Petafi.
- The “Myrrhbearing Women” –Mary DiIulio, Louise Karoli Gallagher, Dolores Nauchy, JoAnne Soter, Pauline Dionis and Jean Brideau—who decorated the Petafi on Holy Friday morning, along with their assistants, John DiIulio and Bob Lazar.
- Louise Karoli Gallagher, who the Petafi flowers in memory of her husband James Gallagher and James & Katherine Karoli.
- Jennifer Goetz for decorating the Church for Holy Pascha.
- Ron Dougiello of Commerce Hill Funeral Home in Bridgeport for the lilies that beautify the inside of the Church.
- The Teuta Ladies Society for the beautiful red eggs.
- Cantors Van Michael and Charles Soter and their assistants Greg Buzi II and Peter Dacey for their dedication and singing at every service.
- The Choir and its Directors, Karen Masek and Laura Chadwick for their preparation and singing throughout Holy Week and Pascha.
- Our volunteer readers.
- Bob Lazar for his assistance in the sanctuary.
- The Altar Servers for their time and assistance.
- Sue Galich and her helpers for organizing the Children’s Egg Hunt and Coffee Hour.
Those who simply came to pray and celebrate the services.
Pascha - 2016
The St. George community recently completed the service cycle of Great Lent and Holy Week to Holy Pascha, with the celebration of the Midnight Paschal Liturgy on May 1st. Christ is Risen! Truly, He is Risen! Krishti U-Ngjall! Vërtet U-Ngjall! are the traditional Orthodox Christian Paschal greetings in both English and Albanian. Click Here to view the Paschal greeting in numerous languages.
We extend our congratulations to Donna (Elizabeth) Kerma and Ildi (Ilia) Begolli who were received into the Holy Orthodox Church on Holy Saturday, Donna through the Sacrament of Chrismation and Ildi through the Sacraments of Baptism and Chrismation. Donna’s Godmother is Laura Coughlin. Ildi’s Godfather is Nardi Tollkuci. Many Years! Për Shumë Vjet!
Palm Sunday 2016
On April 24th, St. George celebrated Palm Sunday which marks the Entrance of the Lord into Jerusalem. After Divine Liturgy, the children of the parish participated in a procession around the inside the church with palms and palm crosses which they prepared during Church School. Click onto the following more information link to view several photos.
We were sad to learn that Pandeli (Peter) Jordhamo departed this life on Sunday, April 17th. We extend our condolences to Peter's family. Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
We extend our condolences to the family of Diana Breaz, a 12-year-old from St. Dimitrie Church for whom we have been praying for several years as she fought cancer. Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
Helen Tallcouch, a very active and long-time member of our parish community, passed away on Tuesday, March 29th. The parish extends it's condolences to her family. May Helen’s memory be eternal!
Upcoming Services & Events
|Wednesday, May 25th|
6:30PM Akathist Hymn "Glory to God for All Things" followed by Bible Study
|Thursday, May 26th|
|Friday, May 27th|
|Saturday, May 28th|
4PM Great Vespers
|Sunday, May 29th|
SUNDAY OF THE SAMARITAN WOMAN
9:30 Church School
10AM Divine Liturgy
|Monday, May 30th|
|Tuesday, May 31st|
|Thursday, June 2nd|
|Monthly Calendar >|