Welcome to the web site of St. George Orthodox Church in Trumbull, Connecticut! We are a parish of the Albanian Archdiocese of the Orthodox Church in America. We invite you to explore our web site to learn more about us and about Orthodox Christianity.
Located just north of the Merritt Parkway in Trumbull, we are easily accessible from both Fairfield and New Haven Counties.
We welcome all visitors for worship and fellowship!
Congratulations to our Graduates!
The following is a list of our young adults who recently graduated, or will soon be graduating, from high school or college. We extend our best wishes to them for continued success!
- Hope Caliendo: graduating from Bunnell High School.
- Kelly Coughlin: graduated from The College of New Jersey with a major in Criminology, and a minor in Spanish.
- Sarah Csernica: earned a Master of Science in Accounting from the University of Connecticut.
- Melissa Galich: graduating from Trumbull High School.
- Victoria Nichio: graduated from the University of Rhode Island with a teaching degree
- Meghan Quinn: graduated from Keene State College (New Hampshire) majoring in Dance, with a minor in Business Management.
- Julia Snedegar: received a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of Rhode Island.
- Jordan Paige Veneri: graduated from Sacred Heart Academy (Hamden).
Many Years! Për Shumë Vjet!
We have learned of the passing from this life of Meni Kyriakou, who died on Friday, June 5th. She was the sister of Angie Soter. Calling hours for her will be held in the Church from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. tomorrow, Monday, June 8th. The funeral service will follow immediately afterward. Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
We remember today all those who gave their lives in defense of our country, together will all those departed this life who served in our Armed Forces. Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
New Censer Donated
The new enameled censer which is being used today for the first time was donated in memory of Mary Themel by her family.
We offer our condolences to the family of Eleanore Polena who departed this life on Friday, May 22nd. Calling hours will be held in the Church on Tuesday, May 26th, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., with the Trisagion celebrated at 5:30 p.m. The funeral service will be celebrated in the Church on Wednesday, May 27th, at 10:00 a.m. Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
On Mother’s Day during Divine Liturgy, prayers were offered for the living and the departed mothers, grandmothers, godmothers, step-mothers, aunts, daughters, step-daughters, and nieces of our parish. Additionally, we wish to thank Ron Dougiello of Commerce Hill Funeral Home who provided a gift of a beautiful rose to each mother in attendance.
We extend our condolences to the families of: Mary Lika Nastu, who departed this life on April 28th, in Fort Collins, Colorado, where she had been visiting her son, Paul; and Arthur Athanas, who departed this life on April 29th, in Jacksonville, Florida. He was the cousin of Shirley Jordan. Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
Upcoming Services & Events
|Sunday, July 5th|
FIFTH SUNDAY after PENTECOST
9:15AM General Confession
9:30AM Divine Liturgy
|Monthly Calendar >|