Welcome to the web site of St. George Orthodox Church in Trumbull, Connecticut! We are a parish of the Albanian Archdiocese of the Orthodox Church in America. We invite you to explore our web site to learn more about us and about Orthodox Christianity.
Located just north of the Merritt Parkway in Trumbull, we are easily accessible from both Fairfield and New Haven Counties.
We welcome all visitors for worship and fellowship!
Mother's Day - 2018 - 05/13/18
On Sunday during Divine Liturgy, the parish of St. George remembered all of the living and departed mothers, grandmothers, godmothers, and all the special women in over lives, in prayer. Additionally, our thanks go out to Ron Dougiello of Commerce Hill Funeral Home, who donated long-stemmed roses which were given out as a gift to all mothers in attendance.
Condolences - 05/13/18
On Friday, May 11th, Mary Galich, mother of Joe Galich, departed this life. The St. George parish offers our condolences to Joe and his whole family. Memory Eternal! I Përjetshim Kujtimi!
Congratulations! - 05/06/18
On May 5th, Mira Noelle Bouteneff and Heather Lynn Bouteneff were received into the Holy Orthodox Church through the sacred Mysteries of Baptism and Chrismation. Mira’s sponsors were Michael Bouteneff and Anna Bouteneff. Heather’s sponsor was Elizabeth Bouteneff. Mira is the daughter of Serge and Heather Bouteneff and the granddaughter of Fr. Sergei and Lisa Bouteneff. Many Years! Për ShumëVjet!
Thank you! - 04/30/18
Thank you to all who helped to make last Sunday’s Spring Brunch such a success. We raised over $500.00, which will be given to Tim Halvorsen to support his upcoming Mission trip to Albania.
Congratulations! - 04/15/18
On March 12, 2018, Evan Joseph was born to Dan and Rebecca (Chadwick) Rakowitz. Evan is the grandson of Joe and Laura Chadwick and the great-grandson of Jim and Vi Bowe. Many Years! Për Shumë Vjet!
Pascha - 2018 - 04/07/18
The St. George community recently completed the service cycle of Great Lent and Holy Week to Holy Pascha, with the celebration of the Midnight Paschal Liturgy on April 16th. Christ is Risen! Truly, He is Risen! Krishti U-Ngjall! Vërtet U-Ngjall! are the traditional Orthodox Christian Paschal greetings in both English and Albanian. Click Here to view the Paschal greeting in numerous languages.
Thank you! - 04/07/18
We extend our thanks to the many people who helped to make Lent, Holy Week and Pascha beautiful and meaningful celebrations:
· The “Myrrhbearing Women” –Mary DiIulio, Louise Karoli Gallagher, Dolores Nauchy, JoAnn Soter, Pauline Dionis, Jean Brideau and Jeanette Nichio—who decorated the Petafi on Holy Friday morning.
· Alice Vasil, who donated toward the Petafi flowers and Easter Eggs in memory of her husband William Vasil.
· Karen Masek, who also donated toward the Petafi flower in memory of the departed members of the Michael Family.
· Nancy and Wally Hurd, who also donated toward the Petafi flowers in memory of Andrew Yapo.
· Louise Karoli Gallagher, who also donated toward the Petafi flowers in memory of James Gallagher.
· Jennifer Goetz for decorating the Church for Holy Pascha.
· Mary DiIulio for the new bows which adorn the Paschal Banner.
· Ron Dougiello of Commerce Hill Funeral Home in Bridgeport for the lilies that beautify the inside of the Church.
· The Teuta Ladies Society for the beautiful red eggs.
· Cantors Charles Soter and Peter Dacey for their dedication and singing at all the services.
· The Choir and its Choir Directors, Karen Masek and Laura Chadwick for their preparation and singing throughout Holy Week and Pascha.
· Our volunteer readers.
· Bob Lazar for his assistance in the sanctuary.
· The Altar Servers for their time and assistance.
· Sue Galich and her helpers for organizing the Children’s Egg Hunt and Coffee Hour.
Those who simply came to pray and celebrate the services.
Congratulations - 04/07/18
We offer our congratulations to Nicole Marie Dionis, who was received into the Holy Orthodox Church on Holy Saturday through the Mystery of Chrismation. Laura Denisevich is her sponsor. Nicole is the wife of Curt Dionis and the mother of Sophie and Brooke. Many Years! Për Shumë Vjet!
Book Donation - 04/01/18
We extend our gratitude to the family of James Dionis for donating to our Church several books from his collection: A commemorative album from the 50th Anniversary of the Albanian Archdiocese, and two Albanian-language service books. Thank you! And may James’ Memory be eternal!
Note of Thanks for Fairfield County Giving Day support - 03/31/18
Thank you for the outpouring of support for Fairfield County Giving Day on March 1st. Your contributions helped LifeBridge come in second place for unique donors, which earned a $10,000 bonus for the children and families who benefit from our many services. You are making an important difference in our community. I greatly appreciate your willingness to help me help others. Thank you for your love and support. Laura Coughlin
Upcoming Services & Events
Saturday, May 26th
10AM Divine Liturgy
Sunday, May 27th
PENTECOST - The Descent of the Holy Spirit
9:30AM Church School
10AM Divine Liturgy and Kneeling Prayers
Monday, May 28th
Tuesday, May 29th
Wednesday, May 30th
6:30PM "Glory to God for All Things"
Thursday, May 31st
Friday, June 1st
Saturday, June 2nd
4PM Great Vespers