From a local newspaper photo: Photo of the leaders who directed the drive that built the first St. George Church on Howard Avenue in Bridgeport. The first Orthodox church services were held in Bridgeport on Palm Sunday, April 12, 1925. At that time and up to the dedication of the church on Howard Avenue, worship was conducted in various community halls and buildings.
Lower Row, (left to right): Philip Cotmil, Rev. Vasil Mandy, Rev. Sotir Tallcouch, Louis Theodos.
Middle Row, (left to right): Sotir Dmitri, Peter Atanas, Theodore Dionis, Costa Vangel.
Top Row, (left to right): George Polena, Peter Tallcouch, Unidentified, Costa H. Jordhamo.