Below please find a recipe to make Mëshe or Prosphora in a bread machine.
Hot water (~100 degrees): 1-1/8 cups
Bread Machine unbleached Flour: 3-½ cups
Dry Yeast: 1 tsp.
Nothing else! Salt is only used in those areas where there is no refrigeration!
1. Set bread machine on dough cycle
2. Take out dough and shape loaf, putting in round, floured cake pan
3. Lightly flour mëshe (prosphora) and press the seal firmly into dough
4. Let dough double in size
5. Take toothpick and prick around seal. Carefully remove the seal.
6. Prick interior of seal at the “square(s)”
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes @ 375 degrees
8. Remove bread, and wrap in clean cloth or towel until cooled so crust will soften.